Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sampras finally beats Federer 7-6 6-4 in Macau!



Congratulations to Pete Sampras for beating Roger Federer 7- 6 6-4 in Macau! I knew you could do it. After all he was the former World No. 1, right?"I guess it's one for the old guys," Sampras joked at the award ceremony. He said at the press conference later on: "I made it competitive and I am serving very well."

Pete Sampras displayed his trademark serves and volleys at the match. The former world No.1 won the first set on a tie-break by 10-8 when neither player could reach a break of serve.

Sampras got the first but vital break of the match at 4-4 in the second set and went straight for the victory by 6-4.

"It's been tough beating my childhood hero, but I am happy he got me at least once," said Federer. If you think Pete Sampras will come out of retirement, his answer is NO.

No comments: